12.9.09

Sick... again!



Dear vintage lovers !

I´m sorry that it has been so long since last I blogged... but I just have so much trying to sort out this play that I´m directing and then on top of that I´m sick again...

Since I wanted my blog to reflect my love for vintage fashion and my desire to turn my modern life into a more vintage one, it hasn't seemed right that I would blog about the more mundane aspects of my life.... At the moment I don´t feel or look even one bit glamorous as I cough myself to pieces through the day. In fact as I write I´m in bed bundled up in blankets while the rest of the crew and cast have gone for a fabulous outing on what seems to be gloriously sunny South African Saturday....

Still, this is an opportunity to try and catch up on the blogs I follow and I savor each little pretty dress that some of my fellow bloggers post. See here and here. And as I read the blogs by lovely Fleur and Landgirl my soul is instantly refreshed and I feel tons better! And please check out this blog by an 18 years old (!) young lady from Sweden. Her blog ( filled with vintage stuff she buys and cookies she bakes ) is a real cyberspace pep-me-up tonic ! :)

Also I recently discovered a new blog ; The Vintage Kitten thanks to another favorite blogger of mine the Glamorous Housewife. Vintage Kitten has some beautiful images and great ( no really! ) music on her blog! In fact the music is so awesome that I´m using it as as background when I read other blogs! :) Of course I wanted to let her know this, by leaving a comment. How sad then to read that she has had to stop people commenting on her blog due to some continuously nasty comments by one reader. Don´t people have better things to do with their lives!! :(

I really don´t understand the need to leave nasty cyber comments.... Everyday I read a news blog about the US, especially the political news ( I´ve always been very interested in US politics even though I live in Europe, go figure...) and I´m always amazed at the amount of vitriol responses people will post. As if the anonymity of the web gives you carte blanche to spew out whatever you feel like uncensored....

The play I´m working on here in Cape Town deals with the South Africa concept of ubuntu which could, in short, be described as finding the humanness in oneself by acknowledging it in others - I am because we are. It is my personal belief that the road out ( into the world ) goes in ( through your own experiences ) meaning that you can only see in others what you are able to see/understand in yourself... In other words purposefully hurting another human being is only possible when there is lack of self knowledge...

So, dear ms Vintage Kitten, try to not let such a person affect what you´re all about. Sweep your heart clear of his or hers hurtful comments and see him/her for what he/she is a very, very sad human being.... Instead lift you head high and know that there are those who enjoy very much what you´re doing ! So, keep on blogging and those of us who follow you will keep on loving ! :)

Sorry, for all the philosophical stuff... Blame it on me being sick and the cough medicine I´m taking. It has all this codeine ( a morphine like substance..) in it - ha ha !


Anyway, before I got sick I happened to be walking down a ordinary street when I came upon this amazingly smart vintage car, which just goes to show a) beauty is all around and b) you never know when you´ll be "V.I" (vintage infused) !





Much love ! xxx Diva

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish this car was parked on my driveway

40sfemme said...

Aww, I hope you feel better soon! No matter how many lovely blogs there are, coughing yourself to bits is never fun!
Oh, and I get terribly distracted when I see cars like this! It's really bad when I'm driving. I want one!!!!

xx,
40sfemme

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hello, Im so glad I came across your blog so I was able to Thank you for your kind comments about my blog. I love the fact you enjoy the music and listen to it while reading other blogs, thats so funny LOL! I was concerned turning my comments off would put people off reading as the whole point of blogging is to interact and share our thoughts and opinions etc, but also the blogger needs to enjoy it and not feel dread everytime they log in. Your post really cheered me up, so thanks again. I hope you are feeling better soon. Good Luck with the play. Lots of Love TVK X

Diva said...

My pleasure Ms Kitty ! ;) Affectionately D

Labels

100 followers 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 45 6th June A family at war Accra African Cinderella Amazon Amy Adams Angels Flight Anita Colby Anna May Wong Anthropology applepie apron art Asian Atomic Closet b-day b-day presents baking Barbra Streisand bathing suits Berlin Bernie Dexter Betti Page Clothing Betty Paige black hair care Black women blog award blog changes blog community blogging blogs I follow blouse bombshell books born too late braids brooches brunch bureaucracy burlesque Cape Town car celebrate Cesária Évora champagne Chicago Christmas cleaning clothes club coat cocktail cocktail dress cocktail party cocktails Coconut Grove Cointreau cold weather colonial houses cookies corsets Covina Diamond Stash Dior directing Dirty Martinez Dita von Teese dogs dress drinks Duchess Dubois duster earrings Easter Easter Parade Elisabeth Taylor Etta James evening gown eyelashes Fairy Gothmother Family fascinators faux bang feeling blue fleamarkets Fleur de Guerre floral water flowers flu fotball Frances McDormnd Fransesca Quartey Fred Astair friendship Frollein von sofa Galliano garage sale Ghana gifts Gingeyginge GirlWhimsey Giron theater Give away give-away gloves Golden Globes Goodness Gothenburg Graumans Chinese Theatre great outfit gym Gypsy Rose Lee hair clips hair salon hairstyles hand bag happy hat hats HBO heavy metal Herräng Herräng Dance Camp 2012 Hollywood Home housecoat Indigo Blue Iphone Jane Russell Jazz Royal Jean Dujardin Jean Veloz Jessica Rabbit Jo Boobs Jo King Joan Crawford Judy Garland Jurlique Karl Giant Kate Winslet Khalil Gibran Kiruna Kivuvu Kodak building Ladururée Lana Turner Lappland Laura Ingallls Wilder Laura Renalls Laurie Hagen Lemon Drop Marie Lena Horne letting go lindy hop lingerie Lingerie Addict London Los Angeles Lula Guiness macaroons Mad Men Madelin Downey make-up mango manicure Margot Wallström Marika Smith Mary J Bligh Mary Pickford Maya Hansen medtation Midsummer Mildred Pierce Minna Parikka Miss Pettigrew morning gown mortality Mount Nelson moving museum music player Musso and Frank Grill Vintage LA My Vintage Vegan kitchen Myrna Loy nails National Day Nefertiti Neo new opportunities New Years Eve Nina Mae McKinney Ola Stinnerbom Olivia de Havilland opening night opera coat burlesque organizing out of the closet Palstic bullet pants Paris park Patti LuPone perfume phone booth photos pick yourself up pin-up girls Pin-up Parade pledge powder case pyjamas quote rehearsals retro Retroella revelation roses Rosie the riveter sami people Sapmi Savoy Schiaparelli self knowledge sewing shoes shoes bags shopping sick Sid Grauman sleeping masks slippers snow South Africa Spring steampunk Stockholm Stockholm Burlesque Festival stockings Suddenly Last Summer Sugar Hill suitcases Sundsvall sunglasses swap party Sweden Swedish hasbeens swim wear swing swing dance tea tea and cake thank you The Amazing Knicker Kittens Burlesque Revues The Artist the Ashtons The Biltmore Hotel The Braddbury Building The Cicada Club the eighties The Freelancers Fashion Blog The Prophet The Vintage kitten tibetan spaniel tip of the day todays outfit training tv series twitter ubuntu ukulele Ultra Naté underwear underwerar uniforms Union Station Upstairs and Downstairs VA vanity table vinatge fair vintage Vintage Baroness vintage fair vintage hairstyles for black women Vintage Kitten Vintage Life vintage shop vintage wedding vipassana Vixen Vintage web site web-cocktail wedding West Wing What Katie did wisdom work shop Worls Famous *BOB* YSL Zürich

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails