Anatomy of "Cocktail Party Preparations"
1. Food - before any party, but especially a cocktail party where the only food are hor d'oeuvres and canapes, it's essential that you stock up on some "real" food. And have a wee drink to get in the mood ! ;)
2. After a quick facial cleanse I apply a masque. Here I'm wearing 2 different ones. A clay masque on my nose, chin and forehead and a moisturizing masque on the rest of my face. I look quite insane ;) Time for a bath!
3. A rolled up towel supports the neck.
4. A slosh of Weledas relaxing Lavender Milk and the whole bathroom is filled with wonderful lavender scent. In the bath I finish my Pims drink - delicious!
5. And settle into the steaming bathtub with Elisabeth Gilbert's book ( the author of the sublime Eat, Pray, Love ) and relax for a good 15 minutes.
6. In the bath all that needs to be done gets done, like filing feet etc. Extremely important if one is planning to wear, as I am, fully fashioned stockings...
7. Time for continued facial indulgence. As I am gradually letting go of years of "chemical" skin products I have been looking for natural and effective skin products. My current skin care choice is the all natural Jurlique series. Eventually l'l be adding a few items from the Orgins (Estee Lauders) line too. I'm very pleased and a little surprised too actually at the high quality.
8. In order to create an impression of "flawless skin" I use products by Bobby Browns.
9. My powder though is MACs Studio Fix.
10. Ready to begin adding a little make-up color.
11. My intentions was to go for a slightly shimmery eye make-up look and add a little purple eye shadow into that mix. I used B.B eyeshadow, B.B eye liner , L'Oreal mascara and MACs Russian Red (of course!) lipstick. Almost there!
12. Tadaaaa ! And now - the hair.
13. Black hair care reads like an encyclopedia.... But I can honestly say this is one of the best hair products for black hair that I've ever tried - R & B from Lush!
14. Praise the Snodd! Simple "do" with a low chignon in the back. All I need now is a dress and a hat and I'm ready to go!
15. Cocktails anyone? :)