Anatomy of "Cocktail Party Preparations"
1. Food - before any party, but especially a cocktail party where the only food are hor d'oeuvres and canapes, it's essential that you stock up on some "real" food. And have a wee drink to get in the mood ! ;)
2. After a quick facial cleanse I apply a masque. Here I'm wearing 2 different ones. A clay masque on my nose, chin and forehead and a moisturizing masque on the rest of my face. I look quite insane ;) Time for a bath!
3. A rolled up towel supports the neck.
4. A slosh of Weledas relaxing Lavender Milk and the whole bathroom is filled with wonderful lavender scent. In the bath I finish my Pims drink - delicious!
5. And settle into the steaming bathtub with Elisabeth Gilbert's book ( the author of the sublime Eat, Pray, Love ) and relax for a good 15 minutes.
6. In the bath all that needs to be done gets done, like filing feet etc. Extremely important if one is planning to wear, as I am, fully fashioned stockings...
7. Time for continued facial indulgence. As I am gradually letting go of years of "chemical" skin products I have been looking for natural and effective skin products. My current skin care choice is the all natural Jurlique series. Eventually l'l be adding a few items from the Orgins (Estee Lauders) line too. I'm very pleased and a little surprised too actually at the high quality.
8. In order to create an impression of "flawless skin" I use products by Bobby Browns.
9. My powder though is MACs Studio Fix.
10. Ready to begin adding a little make-up color.
11. My intentions was to go for a slightly shimmery eye make-up look and add a little purple eye shadow into that mix. I used B.B eyeshadow, B.B eye liner , L'Oreal mascara and MACs Russian Red (of course!) lipstick. Almost there!
12. Tadaaaa ! And now - the hair.
13. Black hair care reads like an encyclopedia.... But I can honestly say this is one of the best hair products for black hair that I've ever tried - R & B from Lush!
14. Praise the Snodd! Simple "do" with a low chignon in the back. All I need now is a dress and a hat and I'm ready to go!
15. Cocktails anyone? :)
vintage, shoes, 1940s 1940s, black hair care, cocktail dress, cocktail party, cocktails, Jurlique
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
WOW !!!! you are really back ! what a post ! I enjoyed it a lot, and you look pizzazzzzzzzzzzz !!!!! I have to go and check if I can get these jurlique products here in germany....happy sunday, dear !!!
You look great. I love that you took the time to really pamper yourself. Honestly with events like this the best part if usually getting ready. I gotta take a page out of your book. I never give myself this kind of time, I'm always doing my nails an hour before and smudging them on the way out the door.
Sis a lovely post! Keep it up! You're as pretty as a picture! Thank you for the hair-care tip, will Rush to Lush! Bot oh, please drop the L'Oreal products, they so use animal-testing!...
You look stunning, thanks so much for posting your beauty routine. I would love to see a full length photo.
Frollein : You inspired me my dear! :)
Desiree : Smudged nailpolish running out the door, yep know the feeling :) Just wanted to do it different this time!
Danette: Will dump L'Oreal asap!:(
Sara V: I tried, but poor lighting in my apartment makes it difficult to do a full picture wish I had the Freelancers capacity!
Quite scary seeing you with your mask on, and beautiful with the make up and outfit ! (but you're also beautiful without makeup my dear cousin!)
I love that you chronicled the entire day, what a fun idea! :)
I really liked Jurlique's products, they're a bit expensive but they felt nice on my skin, I'd like to give them a go again once I can afford all the lovely products they offer :D I love your hat and accessories!
Dear sweet Julia - thank you!
Retro Natural: Thank you! Give Jurlique a new try. I think they work well, but I add Origins to the mix.
Post a Comment